Join the Women’s Leadership Network for a day of inspiration and discovery!
Colleges nationally are looking for women just like you to join their boards and help guide their future. You could have the opportunity to make a difference to the future education of the UKs young people.
Join us for a free workshop to discover how you can benefit professionally and personally from joining a college board. Also discover how your current skills and experience can help you make the next step in your career and further develop your leadership skills.
Date: 11/05/2018 10:30 – 15:30
Venue: City of Westminster College, 25 Paddington Green, W2 1NB
- To help women to understand the role of a Board, and consequently of Board members, with a particular focus on Further Education
- To encourage women to look at their own skills and increase their confidence to realise ‘what makes them special’ and what they could bring to a Board
- To highlight the importance of diversity within Board membership, and the significance of diversity of thought and unconscious bias
- To reflect on the current lack of diversity on Boards.
- You will understand the role of Boards and their members
- You will have examined your own personal skill set and realised what you can offer to a Board
- You will be aware of the current lack of diversity within Board membership, and the impact of diversity of though and unconscious bias
- You will be in a good position to make an informed decision as to whether or not joining a Board is something you would like to do now, or perhaps something you may consider in the future.